ProSafe Lifetime Warranty
NETGEAR now offers a full lifetime hardware warranty on ProSafe products*
ProSafe products have always been designed and built to the higher standards required for business-class networks. To clearly demonstrate that NETGEAR products offer world-class quality, NETGEAR now offers the original purchaser a full lifetime hardware warranty on ProSafe products—switches, firewalls, and wireless access points—purchased on or after May 1, 2007. This means that as long as a customer owns its ProSafe equipment and can show original proof of purchase, NETGEAR will replace it if it breaks. NETGEAR knows that ProSafe products are reliable and wants its customers to find that out, too.
Peter Newton, Sr. Product Marketing Manager at NETGEAR talks to PodTech about the new Lifetime Warranty for NETGEAR ProSafe products. Listen to the podcast now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long are products covered?
A: For as long as the original buyer owns the ProSafe product. Original proof of purchase is required to receive warranty service.
Q: Which products are covered?
A: Only the products listed below that are purchased after May 1, 2007 will have lifetime hardware warranty coverage:
- Layer 3 Managed Switches: GSM7312, GSM7324, GSM7328S, GSM7328FS, GSM7352S, FSM7326P, FSM7328S, FSM7352S, FSM7352PS
- Layer 2 Managed Switches: GSM7212, GSM7224, GSM7248, FSM726
- Smart Switches: GS108T, GS716T, GS724T, GS724TS, GS724TP, GS748T, GS748TS, GS748TP, FS726T, FS726TP, FS728TP, FS728TS, FS750T2, FS752TS, FS752TPS
- Unmanaged Switches: GS105, GS108, GS116, JGS516, GS516T, JGS524, JGS524F, GS524T, FS105, FS108, FS108P, FS116, FS116P, JFS516, JFS524, FS524
- Firewalls, Gateways and Security Appliances: FVS114, FVS318, FVG318, FVS124G, FVS336G, FVS338, FVX538, FWG114P, DGFV338, SSL312
- Wireless Products: WFS709TP, WGL102, WAGL102, WG102, WAG102, WG302, WNDAP330
Q: Are fans and power supplies covered?
A: Yes, fans and internal power supplies are covered under the lifetime hardware warranty. External power supplies will continue with their existing warranties.
Q: What products are not included?
A: NETGEAR products that are not part of the ProSafe line will continue with their existing warranties. Additionally, ProSafe accessories (modules, antennas, cables, software, external power supplies) will continue with their existing warranties.
Q: When did this new warranty take effect?
A: NETGEAR will honor the full lifetime hardware warranty for ProSafe products purchased after May 1, 2007. As such, proof of purchase is required for warranty coverage. NETGEAR recommends registering your ProSafe product after purchase to simplify warranty claims.
Q: What happens if a product is discontinued?
A: Per NETGEAR’s standard hardware warranty, product that fails after it has been discontinued will be replaced with a new unit, a refurbished unit, or NETGEAR will refund the purchase price of the unit, less a reasonable usage charge.
Q: How to pre-register products or request warranty services?
A: Warranty services can be requested online or by phone.
Q: How do PowerShift Partners request warranty service?
Q: Where can I find the ProSafe Lifetime Warranty cards?
A: Here . . .
*NETGEAR's ProSafe Lifetime Warranty does not apply to refurbished products.